4 WEEK COURSE
Have lovely behavior chains, but once you go on the road your dog doesn’t pay attention to your or your reinforcement? Getting your dog confident and comfortable enough to work is a key part of training. Whether your dog is fearful, over exuberantly friendly or just tends to want to sniff the ground rather than play with you, this course will get the two of you on the same track to get training in new places.
- Lecture 1: Engagement, what is it and how do you know when you have it?
- Training session 1: The barometer, how to gauge where you are at any given time
- Training session 2: Back yard training starts it all!
- Lecture 2: Why is engagement difficult? Identifying what’s important to your dog.
- Lecture 1: When to add and when to take away.
- Training session 1: Asking for behaviors, when and why?
- Training session 2: Set ups that set you up for success.
- Lecture 2: The dance, grading your dog’s distractions and interests.
- Lecture 1: Making sure what you are asking from your dog sets the stage for success.
- Training session 1: A little bit more, and then a little bit more.
- Lecture 2: How to gauge success, keeping records.
- Training session 3: Assessment of dog, making a think/plan/do (Bob Bailey)
- Lecture 1: Did I hear “road trip”?
- Training session 1: Engagement, formal, engagement, formal
- Training session 2: matching
- Lecture 2: Using matches/shows and open mats to your benefit